Our Site

Today's Reformed Church on Staten Island was erected in 1844 to the design of Staten Island builder James G. Burger.

press to zoom

Greek Revival detail.

press to zoom

North Facade

press to zoom

Today's Reformed Church on Staten Island was erected in 1844 to the design of Staten Island builder James G. Burger.

press to zoom
1/9

Our landmarked 1844 Church is the fourth on this site,

succeeding our 1680, 1715 and 1787 Churches.

This American School memorial window, created prior to1898 of opalescent glass, has strong Tiffany design elements.

press to zoom

Sanctuary.

press to zoom

This north facade window, 5 feet wide and 12 feet high, features a family name in the bottom panel. It casts light on the Austin Organ.

press to zoom

This American School memorial window, created prior to1898 of opalescent glass, has strong Tiffany design elements.

press to zoom
1/5

Our ministry dates to 1656, the Congregation to 1665. During worship you might find yourself sitting next to a direct descendant of a Revolutionary War hero, or of our original "Voorlezer." 

Annex with Willow in Spring
Annex with Willow in Spring

Photo by Vinnie Langdon III direct descendant of our original 18th Century Voorlezer, Hendrick Kroesen.

press to zoom

Sunday School Annex, designed by Oscar S. Teale, was built in 1898. It is an Akron-Plan building

press to zoom

Stained glass windows.

press to zoom
Annex with Willow in Spring
Annex with Willow in Spring

Photo by Vinnie Langdon III direct descendant of our original 18th Century Voorlezer, Hendrick Kroesen.

press to zoom
1/11

The Annex was built in 1898 as the Sunday School.

Its Architect, Oscar S. Teale, was a magician-associate of Houdini.

Historic Marker. Port Richmond was originally known as "the Burial Place."

press to zoom

In addition to being the final resting place of some of Staten Island’s most notable figures, it contains tombstone carvings so distinctive that it received separate Landmark status.

press to zoom

The Sunday School Annex was built over part of the cemetery. Burials directly under the support pilings were moved to the Moravian Cemetery.

press to zoom

Historic Marker. Port Richmond was originally known as "the Burial Place."

press to zoom
1/6

Our Burial Place, the oldest in continuous use on Staten Island,

is among the ten oldest in New York City.

Our Church and Burial Place are each Landmarks

and nominated for National Historic Site

See us on Visit Staten Island/reformed-church/